Sunday, March 27, 2016

I knew you were trouble when you walked in.............

I'd be lying if I didn't specify that the moment my eyes saw him I knew he was trouble. It didn't stop me. I can tell you what came over my body that night was straight from the Devil himself- hand delivered right to my lady parts. I don't want to sugar coat this one, for the lesson that it would teach me and the many facets of it would continue to this very day. Lust. I understand "Her" very well. I have over the years given in to it, but not so much as I did that day. It was the first time that anyone caught my eye from across a room without knowing them and without them seeing me back. Ya know the guy waaaaaay over there that seemed to be unreachable in all forms of the word. I turned and looked at my friend and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror(there they are again), my reflection was disappointing and I began to doubt anything would come of this "shiver" I had flowing through my body. I liked the rush I had. I had never been so driven over a man in my whole entire life. (said dramatically for effect) I immediately got my friend's attention and pointed out the sin across the way. She glared at me and said "HE LOOKS NO GOOD, LET IT GO". I pulled away in that moment as if to let her know our journey was about to get very difficult. I knew she liked the independence she had with me and she wasn't going to let a man ruin that for her. Plus I don't drink so I end up everyone's designated driver. I didn't mind because I had just bought a brand spankin' new convertible. A Black on black Mitsubishi Spyder Eclipse. She was sexy. Sexier than me and she was going to help me get what I wanted. I was formulating a plan. Let's set the stage for this, because I want to be clear I knew ahead of time this road was going to lead me to places I didn't belong, so I know what our young people of today face. It didn't stop me and I am aware of why. I am not ashamed as much as I am understanding what I was missing and why it affected me so much- to trudge in waters I didn't need to be wading in. I spied him across the room from behind one of the pillars that broke up the dance floor. You could smell sweat, beer and cologne from every corner of the room. I could see the reflection in the sunglasses he was wearing, the clear kind that made you look like a MOVIE STAR. I could see he was with friends and one in particular looked like the main lackey. He seemed to be in charge which is what I figured considering his suavamente was hitting me from half a mile away. He gazed out over across the people shaking their rumps on people they didn't even know. I was standing still. Which is almost impossible for me to even comprehend. I hear music and something comes over me. Not that night. I couldn't resist. I tried to move closer to him like some celebrity coming to a big city to perform. I could tell he was not Caucasian. No, he was way spicier than that. I thought for sure he was Puerto Rican. It must have started to piss my friend off that I was preoccupied with this fine piece of flesh I didn't even know. She grabbed me and tried to bring me back to Earth but it wasn't working. I told her I had to try to get closer to him and she lost it. She began to shake me with both arms and told me to let it go. She even used the parents card and said they would kill me if I brought him home to meet them. Who said anything about taking him home. I didn't say it was pretty folks. My mind had wandered to a dangerous place, and I didn't even know if "I" could bring myself back. I didn't once pray and ask God to take this frenzy away. No, on the contrary, I decided to put him on a shelf for awhile because I had a challenge in front of me and it was to prove to myself I could have what I wanted. I took another long hard glare in the mirror and told myself" SELF........STOP EATING".....It went something like that. I knew I had to hit the gym hard. I didn't waste one minute of time. I started shaking my booty on the dance floor like nobody's business. I was gonna use this time wisely and dance floor aerobics were now in session. My friend knew I was somewhere all together different than the dance floor but by this time some weirdo had noticed her and she was dancing her heart out and didn't care about the plan I was devising. Time does fly by when your having fun and the night always seemed to slip away from us. The music stops abruptly and wakes you out of your day dreaming to send you out onto the cold sidewalk to do the "walk of sleeze". Ya know, the walk past all the people lined up outside wanting to take a piece of the action home. I never doddled in any of that. It didn't appeal to me or my friends. We didn't mind the occasional "wow" "damn" or "heeelllo" only because girls are ridiculous when it comes to affirming that our outfits are just as cute as we thought they were. With no intentions of lending it out for the evening. No we were old school white girls who literally just went out for the dancing and looking cute. I had no idea how that would change once I had seen him in the crowd on the 3rd floor. I could't shake him. I kept a keen lookout for him on the long trek down the steps that led out to the sidewalk. I did the usual good bye , hello, see you at the gym verbiage I gave to all the bouncers I knew from working out at the local hangout gym. I bebopped out onto the sidewalk like usual, but didn't tell her I was looking around to see if I could see him. No luck. She knew. She kept tugging at my arm trying to get my attention and she could tell I was up to something since I had never acted like this before. I must have looked like I had lost my first puppy, because I think she actually started to feel bad for me. I hung my head and just let the guys call out to me without the usual "thank you" I gave to be polite about smashing their dreams so early in the morning when we kept on walking. We got to my car and since I loved that new shiny black metal I put a smile on my face and just tried to put him out of my mind. It wasn't working. Parking garage's aren't the greatest but it worked for us. We were classy girls that needed a place to park their sweet ride so we didn't have to park in the ghetto down the street. I knew there was a chance when we got out on the main road in front of the club we might, I said might, see him. I was trying to time it just right when everyone finally gets put out on the sidewalk and the whole yellin, tire screeching hollering happens. I came around the corner and made a left turn onto the road. We were always super hot after dancing and would put our windows down to see all the ruckus. THERE HE WAS. I slowed down as much as I could. I forgot to mention I also had sunglasses like he did, the clear ones that made you look like a movie star. His friend spied me first, most likely it was the car. I had the top down. Ha! Revealing the 2 cute girls inside it. On purpose.......yes. He turned and pulled his sunglasses down off his face to look me directly in the eye. I almost came to a complete stop, like my heart had when I realized he saw me. As the guy behind me HONKS!!! Scaring both me and her half to death. I did it. He at least saw me. I didn't know how I was going to ever see him again, but I was going to try. I wouldn't give up until we saw each other again. She laughed and said "feel better now"? I giggled and said "DID YOU SEE THAT"?!!! He made sure to take his sunglasses off to see me!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't let her alone the whole ride home. I kept telling her I knew something was different about this guy. I walk by a million guys a a day whether it be at work, the mall, the gym, church. Nothing ever catches my eye. I had to figure out what was so different about this one. Her last words to me that night were "You know he is no good".

No comments:

Post a Comment